When it comes to real estate marketing, here’s probably the most asked NEW question from Realtors and agents in 2022:
“How do I use Instagram Reels to get more leads and exposure for my real estate business?”
A close second question to that one is “What channels should I focus on – Facebook or Instagram – for my Social Media Marketing efforts?”
Both are great questions – and ones I hear more and more – because social media is changing ALL THE TIME!
I’m Annie Frost, the Director of Marketing for Wow Video Tours, where one of my main jobs is to oversee social media marketing strategies and execute campaigns for our Realtor and agent clients (and other clients from other industries).
So when it comes to marketing, something you should be thinking about is Instagram Reels.
THE NEWEST, POWERFUL MARKETING TOOL IN REAL ESTATE – INSTAGRAM REELS!
Instagram Reels are an awesome tool – an engaging, quick way to create content and develop your overall marketing strategy further.
Some things to keep in mind:
- Maybe the best part about Instagram is that the platform is free!
- Instagram Reels are “Bingeable” content – so viewers just keep watching over, and over, and over! A good Instagram Reel will get someone to stop scrolling!
- You can tap into performance metrics to see how your real estate marketing is working for you.
Whether you’re focused on branding, farming a specific area, or working to attract more sellers to get more listings, Instagram Reels are definitely a power tool!
INSTAGRAM VS. FACEBOOK AND TIKTOK – INSTAGRAM IS EVOLVING!
Now back to that question I get all the time: How does Instagram rate vs. Facebook and other platforms?
Ultimately, it comes down to doing a little research to see what’s best for you and your business.
Instagram definitely has evolved over the past couple of years beyond just photo-sharing. With Instagram, your marketing tools include:
- Photo Sharing
- IG TV
- Instagram Reels
Instagram Reels were created as a response (and I think an upgrade) to the TikTok boom.
But where TikTok is typically associated with silly dances and silly trends, Buyers and Sellers take Instagram more seriously.
Now that you have an overview of the state of social media, let’s dive a little deeper into Instagram Reels, because they are blowing up.
WHY INSTAGRAM REELS ARE PERFECT FOR REALTORS LIKE YOU
Instagram has quickly become a “Realtor-perfect” platform. That’s because you can use Instagram Reel to:
- Grow your engagement
- Up your overall exposure
- Build your brand!
TIPS AND GUIDELINES FOR SHOOTING YOUR OWN INSTAGRAM REELS LIKE THE PROS!
- Don’t be fancy! Just put yourself on camera!
- You can record up to 60 seconds for an Instagram Reel.
- Use quick edits.
- Set the video to upbeat music!
- You’ll be able to add animated text.
Next, realize that Instagram Reels are different from Stories. Because you can
- Select and upload multiple video clips.
- You can create Instagram Reels that line up with your personality and brand!
TOPIC PRO TIP
When you’re trying to come up with topics for Instagram Reels? Keep a running list of ideas, and just take notes of whatever comes to mind throughout the day.
You might find an Instagram trend that you like and you want to steal – and make your own!
INSTAGRAM REEL TOPICS YOU CAN ADD YOUR PERSONALITY TO:
Share these topics with viewers via Instagram Reels.
- Real Estate market updates in your local area.
- How to prepare for an open house.
- Checklists that clients might need if they’re looking to purchase or sell a home.
- Home décor tips (from a list of great houseplants to organizational tips, or even a how-to video on how to whitewash a fireplace!)
- You can show off area hotspots in an Instagram Reel (including local restaurants, shops, and parks)
- And of course – Instagram Reels are a GREAT way to tease a listing!
SHOOTING & EDITING INSTAGRAM REEL PRO TIPS
Instagram Reels are a product we offer here at WOW, and clients love them!
We have professional Photographers/Videographers that we call “Vidtographers” who shoot our Instagram Reels – but you have a high-quality camera right in your pocket!
So get that cell phone out – and start shooting! Where to start?
- You can position yourself and your camera to start out in front of the house.
- Or you can give a guided tour!
- Or both!
- Or you can just film multiple clips of the property.
Then you can add text and set the whole thing to music!
TIP: Instagram Reels makes it easy for “In-App” editing!
ONCE YOUR INSTAGRAM REEL IS CREATED, SHARE IT IN A VARIETY OF WAYS:
You’ve finished your masterpiece! Here’s how you share it (hint: we’ve gone over this before):
- Instagram Stories
- Instagram Highlights
- Instagram Reels
But you’re not done yet! Don’t forget to:
- Use captions!
- Use hashtags!
CREATE YOUR IG REELS CORRECTLY – AND INSTAGRAM WORKS FOR YOU!
If you execute your Instagram Reels correctly, you will engage viewers – because it’s no secret that Instagram is promoting Reels!
That content goes into Search Feeds – so there’s a good chance that more than just your followers will see your content. That’s big!
You’ll spark online conversations!
It’s not uncommon for you to have prospective clients reach out to YOU – which is why you’re doing this in the first place!
NOW GET STARTED THIS INSTANCE (PUN INTENDED) – WITH INSTAGRAM REELS!
So that’s a quick overview and some smart tips on how you can make Instagram and Instagram Reels work for you!
Of course, we create Instagram Reels for our clients all the time so, if you need any help, you can reach me or my amazing team at (937) 505-0444.
And have a wonderful, Wowful Day!